Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Michigan Shoreline

"Michigan Lakeshore"
5"x7" original watercolor on paper

After a busy few weeks, I'm finally back to painting! 
First up...a view of Lake Michigan's shoreline in the summer. I needed to paint a summer scene, something with lots of color. Winter is getting to me. I'm sick and tired of cleaning off my car every morning, of freezing fingers and runny noses. Of chapped lips and wet footprints tracked across the apartment. I know, I know....it's Northern Michigan in January. What did I think the weather was going to be like? Right? Ah well, I still miss the summer sunshine and the warmth of it on my skin. THREE MORE MONTHS!
 (I hope...) 
In the mean time I suppose I'll have to be content with painting scenes like this and imagining I'm on the beach, toes in the sand, a bag of Sun Chips and an ice cold Coke in my hand. Can't you almost hear the waves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment