I went out Plein Air painting today because the sun and warm temperatures were calling my name. It was fantastic. I drove a little ways out into the country and was intrigued by a field of wallowing cows. So I stopped and painted their picture. I believe they were impressed, however, I am not fluent in cow.This is my second time out painting En Plein Air and I have discovered a few things.
1.) I need to find something else to keep my water in so that it doesn't spill.
2.) Something besides a piece of cardboard is needed to paint on. Perhaps a BRAND NEW EASEL????
3.) I need to remember to SLOW DOWN. I have all the time in the world...why rush? Its a beautiful day and I don't need to be anywhere. The quicker I work, the sloppier it is.
Oh well....you learn with practice.
I like it. I know you can paint out in the open I remember the Taquamaman stories I also know you can" do" animals .Look at the sled dogs you just did. I like this. It looks kind of impressionist.
ReplyDelete