Saturday, February 8, 2014

Petoskey Breakwall Sunset #3

"Petoskey Breakwall Sunset #3"
5"x7" original watercolor and pen on paper
Available at Northgoods in Petoskey 

We get some gorgeous sunsets here in Petoskey. Not so much in the winter, but during the summer I love to go out onto my balcony and watch the colors in the evening. From my apartment I have a beautiful view of the bay. I can't quite see the breakwall but I can see Harbor Springs and all of the little white pin pricks that are sailboats coming in for the evening. 
This view was taken from an evening walk I took last September. I was walking on the bike trail that follows the shoreline and wandered down onto the beach to capture this with my camera. It's nice to have the reference pictures come winter when you need a little color in your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment