This painting is the product of me digging through old photographs.
Near where I grew up, The University Of Michigan owns several hundred acres that they turned into a biological station. In the spring, summer and fall months the place has bio students walking around, studying the native plants, trees and whatever else it is they study. In the winter however, the little village is a ghost town and therefore the perfect place to do a little snowshoeing or cross country skiing. Last winter, however, there was hardly any snow and so the day after Christmas we simply went for a walk. It was a bright sunny day and I loved how the shadows fell across the path.
This painting is 7"x5" and the bidding starts at $35. To buy this painting bid in the Daily Paintworks auction by clicking here. Alternatively, you can call me at: (248) 977-0732 or email at sarahtuleart@yahoo.com.

Lovely! This catches the way it really looks. Where did you grow up? I love how you can paint shadows and trees.
ReplyDeleteThanks Mary! I grew up in Cheboygan Michigan and my family used to go for walks all the time down at the Bio station a few miles from our house.
ReplyDelete