Monday, March 7, 2011

Kayaks

I was sifting through my paintings folder on my computer and found more reasons to anticipate summer. Now only if the snow would melt.
Last summer I did a kayak series and these are a few of them. I really love being out on the water and I live in Michigan so really, it's not hard to get to a river or lake. Being that it's March I'm hoping that the ice will all clear away soon so I can go exploring in my kayak again.
 Last August, my fiance and his family were in a biathlon in Indian River MI. He kayaked 5.5 miles and biked 14 miles. The first painting is the result of the photos I took of the many kayaks on the shore. I'm a wimp....I didn't compete.
The second is by Harbor Springs MI, a beautiful harbor town on the North Western side of Michigan. I used to spend many of my summer days here enjoying the upscale shops and pristine parks.

1 comment:

  1. Love her relaxed look and the hat.Neat building in the background.

    ReplyDelete