Saturday, May 3, 2014

Rocky Bay

"Rocky Bay Mini"
2.5"x 3.5" Original Watercolor On Paper

                                          

This is another painting for "100 Tiny Views Of Lake Michigan." 
HOWEVER, this is the first one I've painted that is actually a view from the U.P. Ah ha! Mixing it up! 
This little bay is along US-2. We found it quite by mistake one time while we were out for an adventure. 
I get cabin fever. Year round, not just in the winter. Every once in a while I get the urge to get out and DO something. It usually involves a day trip to someplace I haven't been in a while. In this case we went to the Upper Peninsula.  
I love making little discoveries like this. We ended up eating our lunch on those rocks, listening to the water.

 I'm showing some of my tiny paintings at the Dennos Museum Center's Small Works Show in Traverse City.  The show opens May 15th with a reception from 5-8pm and runs through the weekend. Come find original works from local artists at great prices! 
Have A Great Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment