Friday, December 6, 2013

Strolling Through The Orchard

"Strolling Through The Orchard"
8"x10" original watercolor on paper
Available at Forest Hills Fine Arts Center January 2014

Every autumn since I was a kid my family would all pile into the car and we'd go to Knaebe's Apple Orchard. I love going to Knaebe's. There is always fresh baked pumpkin and apple doughnuts, apple cider and of course all the apples! Out back there are ponies to ride, tiny tractors to race. It's magical. 
This past year we added to our "routine" and wandered around the orchard. The branches of the trees were weighed down under all of the apples. Long shadows were cast across the path. I HAD to paint it. 
This painting will be included with my series "Simple Roots" to be shown at Forest Hills Fine Art Center in Grand Rapids in January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment