Saturday, February 9, 2013

Let 'er fly!


I've been working with Huron Pines quite a bit this past year and I've gotten into some really interesting areas. The next event I'm doing with them is the Midwest Fly Fishing Expo. This year it's in Warren, Michigan at the Macomb Community College Sports and Expo Center on March 9th and 10th. 
I'll be sending several different prints along with Huron Pines as they travel down to the expo and in the end I'll split the profit with them 50/50. So be sure to stop by and buy a few for the fisherman in your life!
I really enjoy working with Huron Pines and preserving Northern Michigan for future generations. The land and all its trees, fields, rivers, streams, lakes and ponds are important to me. They show up often in my work and I am inspired daily by them. The chance to get outside, soak up some sun and hike a dune is perfection in summer. The same is true in winter of snowshoeing through snow laden pine trees. The sun breaks through their branches and your breath hangs in the air before you. I can't imagine not having that. So, in short, I feel the need to help preserve it for others. 
To find out more about the Fly Fishing Expo, click here. 
To find out more about Huron Pines and how to get involved, click here. 

Thanks! 

3 comments:

  1. I think Jim would really enjoy this good work.

    We got our card from you, now I can send your Christmas card to you.

    We would love to have you and Tanner as our guest for the dog sled race time Sarah .We have that weekend free. We do have a guest room and we do have a big dog and 2 cats .
    The only plans we thought of that weekend was a free movie sat. at 1 pm at the library. The dog races start at 9 am within walking distance from our Kincheloe home. They are the weekend of the 22 -24 of this month Feb.Lot's will be going on at the Kinross Recreation Center. Please come. Do you have my phone # ? Mary and Jim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly see how much you love Michigan by our lovely work , the choices you make and who you donate to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary- Thanks for the invitation! I'd love to come up. It may be just me though. Tanar might have to work. But I can let you know that later this week. No, I don't have your phone #. You can email it to me though if you want so it's not publicly on here. sarahtuleart@yahoo.com or you can always call me. (248) 977-0732. I'll talk to you soon! Very excited!

    ReplyDelete