Yesterday I attended a watercolor class put on by my artist friend Mary Lou Peters. She was a gracious host and held the class in her own home (on Lake Michigan!). We all had a great time, the conversation was superb and I learned a different way of doing things when it comes to watercolor painting.
Mary Lou uses watercolors to interpret the northern Michigan landscape and all sorts of other subjects. Her work is for sale on Mackinac Island, and several other locations. She has also put out a few books. To visit Mary Lou's site click here.
Also, don't forget to bid in the February Art Auction for Manna Food Project! 100% of the proceeds go to help feed hungry families here in Northern Michigan!
To bid, click here.
Isn't it wonderful to learn something new I am proud of all you are doing and how you reach out to the community.
ReplyDeleteMary- I love learning how other artists take their approach to painting. We all start with the same raw materials and it's amazing how many ways people find to use them.
ReplyDeleteSarah--It was fun to have you in class! You're right--it's so interesting to see the different interpretation we each have when approaching the same subject and using the same materials! You'll have to come back and visit my studio sometime when I've cleaned it up--HA! As if that will ever happen! I just tell visitors it's a working studio and that takes care of it--no other explanation needed!
ReplyDeleteMary Lou- I LOVED your studio space! Hope I can have one like that someday. I'll probably have to tell people the same thing. Too many projects going for it to be "clean"
ReplyDelete