Every year on Mackinac Island, they have a lilac festival. People come from all over the world during these two weeks to take in the seductive perfume of these flowers. Many take picnic lunches as the couple in the painting have done. This small painting will be for sale soon at Voyageurs Trading Post in St. Ignace.
In other news, I just returned from a fantastic trip to Nova Scotia! It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited and plan to return several more times in my life. The painting material there was abundant and it got me outside to enjoy the summer by the sea. I plan to make a painting series, showcasing my travels there so stay tuned!

I like this the best of all I have seen It is just as you say I am sure Jim and I have had a picnic under these very lilacs.I love the lavender and the relaxation in this painting I did not know you had been to Nova Scotia -lucky you- you must tell us all about it.
ReplyDelete