Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A Fine Day In Mackinaw

Painted this scene from the slope in the  front yard. My summer living place is absolutely gorgeous and offers many, MANY different scenes to paint. The colors in the ever changing straits, the sky, the shadows all keep me intrigued. Lilacs are plentiful in Mackinaw and the Island is having its famous "Lilac Festival" this coming week. If you're in the north I highly recommend heading to the Island to check it out. For information on the festival click HERE.
This painting is another that I'll be sending to Charlevoix for the "Postcards From Northern Michigan" show. For more information on that click on the "Look For Me" tab at the top of the screen.
Also, I'm very excited to announce that in this issue of the Graphic, I am the featured artist! You can check it out by visiting their website at  www.thegraphicweekly.com or you can pick up your free copy of the Graphic at many places throughout northern Michigan.

1 comment:

  1. I can not believe you have no comments. Sarah this is magically wonderful. I like it so much. The little butterfly ,the bridge, the flowers. Man! Where do you live? This may be the one I would like on our web page.

    ReplyDelete