Sunday, March 29, 2015

Rowing At Dawn


"Rowing At Dawn" 
5"x7" Original Watercolor And Pen On Paper 

I've been working on several things all at once these past few weeks. A few paintings have been finished in the in between moments but mostly I've been establishing classes and other events for this summer. 
The above painting is one of three of mine that were accepted into the "Artist's Choice" group show at the Alberta House Gallery in Sault Ste. Marie, Michigan. The show opens on the first and runs through the month of April. Many talented artists brought in work and it's sure to be a fabulous show! 
"Rowing At Dawn," is one of those few paintings that came strictly from my imagination. Usually my work has some basis in reality whether it be from photos or personal experience. For this painting I wanted to use cool colors and ended up with a lake at sunrise. While this painting was still in the pencil stage I decided to add the rowboat. I really like how it turned out. Reminds me of summer camping trips in the Upper Peninsula. 

I mentioned figuring out my summer schedule. Some of the things are still in the finalizing stages but if you're interested, let me know and I'll get you signed up! 

Sunday, June 28th I'll be teaching an Introduction To Watercolors Class at Elvyn Lea Lodge in Boyne City. This beautiful lodge is nestled in the woods and is sure to provide bountiful inspiration! To sign up contact me at (248) 977-0732 or at sarahtuleart@yahoo.com. Info on this class is located under the "Classes and Workshops" tab at the top of the screen. 

Beginning in late June I'll also be teaching a Watercolor Journaling Class for Charlevoix Circle Of Arts. Join me on Monday mornings from 10-Noon as we explore the beautiful Charlevoix area and capture moments in time on paper. Look for more info soon under my "Classes and Workshops" tab or by visiting the Circle of Arts webpage by clicking here. 



No comments:

Post a Comment