Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Winter Along The Creek

"Winter Along The Creek"
8"x10" original watercolor and pen on paper
Available by clicking here. 

My husband and I were thrilled when local temperatures recently broke freezing temps. We celebrated by going for a walk at a local fish hatchery.
 (It's been below zero since Christmas, this was a BIG DEAL)
  Oden Fish Hatchery is a neat place to bring kids in the warmer months. They have many unique educational experiences and great walking trails. You can view fish at every stage of life and there's a cool below-ground observation area where you can watch the fish in the stream. 
My parents took me and my sister here when we were kids and I loved it. It wasn't as "fancy" then as it is now. When I first  went it was a couple of long waterways that you walked around by precariously balancing on cement dividers. Today it is much more family friendly. 
In the winter, it's a quiet little place. We enjoyed our walk along the streams, basking in the sunlight we so craved. Here's hoping there's more of it on the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment