Monday, August 15, 2011

Finishing Up


I was on my way from Houghton Lake to Cadillac when I came across this scene. If the main road hadn't been closed, I never would of had to find my own way and therefore, never discovered the beautiful farming land in that area of the state. I wound for about two hours on backroads, trying to find my way on what should have been a 45 minute trip. Oh well, much good came out of it. This painting will be included in my Simple Roots series. It will also be shown at a show in September at the Traverse City Opera House. Come meet the artists on September 9th from 6-8pm! 

2 comments:

  1. I did this before too. Michigan has many hidden beauty spots . I was trying to get form Evart to Petoskey all back roads .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a good adventure! They're so much fun aren't they?

    ReplyDelete