Sunday, August 14, 2011

Country Comfort


I pass this barn every time I drive up to my parents. It's set back just off of Old 27 around Gaylord. It has intrigued me for months and I finally stopped to make a sketch and snap some pictures. The grounds are a bit run down and overgrown but the barn is still in pretty good repair. I believe it's even still in use though perhaps for nothing more than housing farm equipment. There was no livestock to speak of but there was acres and acres of golden hay fields past the fallen down fence waaaay off to the left. I plan on doing another painting from a different angle with those included. It was all very pretty and the colors were striking and quite bright to be found in nature. All around the barn was shrubs and weeds and it just had a very comfortable feeling. It will be included in my series Simple Roots. 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have a book of your barns Some people really enjoy them . you have a knack of painting them.Sarah you would have loved Creative Endeavors yesterday. 5 very artsy ladies. I showed them the lovey painting you gave me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do have a barn book, but I've painted several more now so I believe it needs a revamp. I'm sure I would very much have enjoyed creative endeavors, I miss going. It was very sweet of you to show them my work. I hope you're enjoying your painting!

    ReplyDelete