Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Hikers


"Happy Hikers" 
7"x5" Original Watercolor And Pen On Paper
Available soon at Fuzzy Boyak Welcome Center In Munising! 

I really enjoy hiking and going for walks in the woods. It's peaceful and calming to me. It also fills me with inspiration and if I've brought my sketchbook or camera along I come home with a wealth of material for paintings. 
A few years ago my father and I hiked a part of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore Trail. We made it from the beginning at Munising Falls to Chapel Beach. The whole trail is 40 some miles long and I believe we covered about a third of it in 2 days. Some day I want to go back and finish it but in the mean time I enjoy visiting the highlights of the trail by doing day hikes. 
In the painting above, these campers are in for the long haul and are dutifully headed to their next camp for the night. 

Happy Memorial Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment